I am a Director of People Savvy Consulting. Trained and educated in Australia and the UK, I work internationally as an organisational change and development consultant; executive leadership coach; and specialist in the design and delivery of leadership development courses. In the early part of my career, I trained and worked as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and systemic family therapist.
There are several international business schools where I work as an Executive Coach on leadership programs: IMD Business School, Lausanne; China International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai; Moscow School of Management (SKOLKOVO); Mawhiba Foundation, Saudi Arabia; and I am on the faculty of the Academy of Executive Coaching (AOEC), London.
My professional interests lie in organisational culture; facilitating learning conversations; and in helping executives navigate the complex relationship between organisational strategy, external environment conditions, leadership practices, and culture during change.
I have worked with both private and public sector clients in organisation-wide change initiatives, with executive and operational teams, and one-on-one with senior managers. My most recent clients include: manufacturing, pharmaceutical, telecommunication, recruitment and finance.
My unique combination of training and experience enables me to work beneath the surface with the underlying people, team and organisational dynamics, to facilitate greater dialogue and understanding between people and in teams, and to bring psychological insight – as well as evidence-based organisational and consultancy theory – to change initiatives.
I have expertise in helping leaders diagnose and understand the underlying causes of organisational issues and the impediments to improved performance and then, in working collaboratively with the key stakeholders to bring about targeted change. Change that creates better understanding and communication between people and departments and brings about the greater involvement and collaboration of people as well as their ownership of the issues and their solutions.
My approach to change draws on systems thinking, psychodynamics, and sociological approaches to understand and navigate the in-depth relationship between individuals as self-learning agents, and the opportunities and constraints offered within the complex web of organisational culture, strategy and design.
Formal educational background:
- PhD in organizational culture and change
- Masters of Executive Coaching (i-coach academy and Middlesex University, London)
- Masters in Organisational Consulting – organisational development and change management (Tavistock Institute and City University, London)
- Grad Cert. Business Management (Australian Institute of Management)
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work (Sydney University)
- Numerous post-graduate trainings in psychotherapy with individuals, couples and groups including Psychodrama, Gestalt, Systemic Family Therapy, and psychoanalysis
Accreditations in psychometrics and leadership tools:
- The Leadership Circle 360
- NEO Personality Inventory (NEO PI-R)
- Leadership Effectiveness Analysis (LEA)
- Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – Steps 1 and 2
- Member of Australian Association of Social Workers
- Several articles in business journals and books.