Transformational coaching provides a powerful forum for you to reflect and to explore how your thoughts, feelings, and actions influence your relationships, team experiences, and how you navigate organisational demands. We partner with you by providing a safe, honest, supportive, and challenging environment in which you can discover aspects of yourself, and make the changes you want in your life.
Our clients often find our coaching sessions enlightening and surprising because we focus on identifying the underlying causes and contributing factors to issues they raise. They gain a deeper understanding of themselves, others, and the dynamics of teams and organisations. We identify relevant goals with you and systematically work with you so that you can achieve them.
We have extensive backgrounds and experience in conducting one-to-one sessions. Our undergraduate education, numerous post-graduate trainings and ongoing development give us a wide range of perspectives and frameworks to draw on in our work. Some of these include psychological approaches like cognitive-behaviourism and psychoanalysis, systems thinking, organisational theory, experiential methodologies (like Voice Dialogue and Gestalt), and many other modalities that are theoretically sound and have proven to be helpful to our clients.
Some clients are satisfied with a small number of sessions once they have achieved their goals. Others choose to have regular sessions over a longer period of time as they value the opportunity to have a consistent forum in which they can think about work challenges, personal issues and continue their development. Clients choose to come to sessions weekly or monthly, whatever suits their current situation. We work with international clients over the phone or via Skype.
We also offer our clients a ‘retreat’ service which involves spending more intense periods of time together ranging from several hours to two days. In some cases when clients live and work abroad, this is an effective way of spending blocks of coaching time together. However, local clients still opt for this option when they want to reach deeper levels of understanding of themselves and the business issues they are currently dealing with.
There are countless areas that we can explore with you from practising skills to exploring deeper, unconscious patterns, beliefs, and dynamics that have a strong impact on how you live and work.
Topics addressed include:
- Interpersonal skills
- Understanding people/team/organisational dynamics
- Analysing your role and its relationship to other parts of the organisation
- Understanding working styles and impact of your style on others
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Self confidence
- Dealing with stress and trauma
- Managing conflict
- Managing yourself and others in conditions of organisational change and conflict
- Self awareness
- Performance management and leadership skills
- Balancing demands between work, family, community and personal needs
- Exploring emotions, unconscious conflicts and beliefs, and behaviours
- Counselling for deeper, more personal issues
- Dyad coaching – improving working relationships between two people